Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What is The Mud Mafia?


Carrie Adams
October 2010
The Mud Mafia is an idea that has been brewing in my head for some time now.  My name is Carrie Adams, and I am an avid runner and an active, healthy person committed to my overall well-being.  First off, I LOVE to run. LOVE it.  I spend most of my time running with a smile on my face when I am out on the road.  Second of all, running was not a sport I discovered until I was in college and even then I didn't get competitive with until the second half of my 20's and I had two children in there too! While I was never a track or cross-country runner growing up, I was a highly competitive athlete.  I played soccer and was a classically trained dancer and spent a great deal of time training in both of those activities.  As part of that training, running was a part, but never a focal point of my routines. 


Now that I'm nearing 30, I'm very committed to not just training and running today, but a lifestyle that will accommodate for running to be a integral part of the rest of my life.  The rewards of being physically active are undeniable and I want to share that and help people find their place in a running world that's big enough for all levels of competition and goals... and did I mention it's FUN?    

So, why The Mud Mafia?  Why now?  WHY NOT??  I want to represent the Midwest, have Midwest runners at all skill levels and abilities experience running in an environment that is not intimidating, is inexpensive, embraces new members, and focuses on individual accomplishment in a fun team atmosphere.  My amazing friends and family have supported this idea, contributed to it's inception and development, and our team is growing every day!  It's never too early or too late to commit to your well-being: mind, body, and soul.  Whether you have been running for years, or are lacing up your running shoes for the first time, the MM wants to meet you. 

Come run with family.... we're waiting...
- Carrie Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment